Mama Juana Orginal Dominican Brew
9 oz. Dark or Spiced Rum (Preferably Dominican Rum, like Brugal)
1 Bottle of Red Table Wine (Preferably sweet)
2 oz. Honey
Day 1 - Precondition Herbs
- Fill bottle with 16 oz. of red wine, covering herbs.
- Recap bottle, shake lightly, set aside for 3 full days.
Day 4 - Infusion
- Carefully shake unopened bottle to loosen sediment.
- Uncap, strain and dispose red wine only.
- In a separate container, combine and stir:
- 9 oz. Dark or Spiced Rum
- 6 oz. Red Wine
- 2 oz. Honey
- Slowly fill and recap bottle.
- Softly shake, allowing mixture to blend.
- Set aside for a minimum of 4 full days. The longer you allow the infusion to sit, the stronger the flavor.
Day 8 - ¡Salud!Serve room temperature, cold or over crushed ice. Or visit our Mama Juana recipes
Note: In order to avoid contamination of bottle’s contents, never drink directly from bottle.
First batch may be a little strong, however each new batch will get smoother. For each new refill, follow Day 4 Infusion instructions. Allow 5 days minimum for infusion before drinking. For long term storage, store in cool place away from bright lights. Replace bottle after 10 refills for maximum herbal benefits.